Practices and Approaches for Upskilling Educators
The project PAUSE is an EU project funded under the Adult education sector of the Erasmus+ programme . A consortium of 8 organisations from 8 different European countries works together to create and exchange a database of good practices for improving the skills and competences of educators working with (vulnerable) adults.
About the project
The PAUSE project is developing a comprehensive database of practices and initiatives that provide successful mechanisms for improving the teaching skills of adult educators. These good practices include dealing with cultural and linguistic diversity, promoting tolerance and equality, combating stereotypes, racism and discrimination, promoting inclusion and participation.
The good practices will be addressing skills needed to work with three groups of vulnerable adults, considered a high priority on the adult education agenda, and namely:
- People from disadvantaged backgrounds, such as migrants, Roma, refugees and asylum seekers who can use adult learning as a means of strengthening social inclusion and active participation
- Elderly people who need enhanced learning opportunities in the context of active aging
- People with disabilities who need tailored educational opportunities for addressing their specific learning needs
- To develop and disseminate a comprehensive database of successful and effective practices, aimed at improving the skills of educators working with vulnerable adults
- To build a European-wide network of practitioners developing national and European initiatives focused on providing quality adult education
- To enhance the motivation of adults from vulnerable groups to take part in adult education
- To foster the exchange of experience at EU level and enhance the dissemination and exploitation potential of existing educational projects providing tools for improving the skills of adult educators
- A database of more than 120 good practices will be made available through a user-friendly search engine on the project website, which will allow users to sort out their search preferences and search for good practices by impact targets, criteria, target groups, topics, countries, key words, etc.
- The practices will be spread to relevant stakeholders within a series of 24 national exploitation seminars for exchange of experience.
- In addition, PAUSE will create an EU-wide network of over 80 associated partners which will get involved in the process of research, feedback, quality assurance, dissemination and exploitation of good practices focused on quality adult education and inclusion of vulnerable groups.
- IFESCOOP (ES) – coordinator
- KU TU (BG)
- Smashing Times (IE)
- Recep Tayyip Erdogan Universitesi (TR)
- BSD (IT)
- Pressure Line (NL)
- Brainplus (AT)
- Aproximar (PT)
For more information on the project, please visit: www.pause-project.eu
or contact the partner organisation in your country.