‘My Social Role’ addresses young people from urban areas facing social, economic or geographical challenges, aged 16-29, including those who are not in education, employment or training and such with migrant background. The project provides them with innovative and flexible ways to get involved in entrepreneurial and social learning.
- To enhance youth social thinking and confidence
- To enable young people to act as a force for change in their local communities and in wider society
- To encourage young people to overcome deprivation, inequality, educational disadvantage and social exclusion
- To improve the motivation and confidence of urban youth to consider careers in social entrepreneurship in different economic and life sectors
The project activities include:
- Selecting and promoting role models of young social entrepreneurs and developing digital stories/short films about them
- Developing a practical guide “Steps Towards Social Entrepreneurship For Youth”
- Creating and piloting “Social Café” model for sharing social skills and entrepreneurial ideas
- Creating and reinforcing an online platform for youth’s interaction, communication and meaningful information about opportunities with social entrepreneurship
- Organising a contest among youth for entrepreneurial ideas with social impact
The My Social Role outcomes will be designed and made available as free online resources so that they are open for use at any level – local, regional, national, European and international.
The project is funded under the Erasmus+ programme of the European Commission for the period 2018 – 2020.
For more information on the project, please visit www.mysocialrole.eu