“DIGITAL ACCESS: Digital Skills for People Living in the 3rd Age – Effective Digital Access to Public Services” is a European cooperation project aimed at training elderly people to develop specific digital skills needed to access public services online. The project is developing a new training programme targeted at people living in the 3rd age in order to support their adaptation to the digital-oriented changing world and ensure that they can easily identify and access the right services, take advantage of the benefits the Internet offers, and feel confident for using online tools to manage their health and life quality.
The project is funded under the Erasmus+ programme for the period 2017-2019.
- To train elderly people to develop digital skills needed to access public services online
- To provide a tailored solution for overcoming barriers related to access, skills, confidence and motivation of elderly people to take full advantage of the opportunities offered by the Internet and the digital services
- To apply a confidence-building approach by developing virtual assistance based on elderly people’s real life scenarios
- To provide support to the elderly for gaining up-to-date personal competences and transversal skills, leading to a significant step towards active ageing
- Public services roadmaps providing information on the most relevant online public services in 5 EU countries
- Training programme for improving basic digital skills and developing specific skills for digital access to public services
- E-learning and e-assistance platform with a Virtual assistance tool for digital inclusion of the elderly
- Effective methodology for high-quality work with elderly people by applying confidence-building approach and interactivity
- Policy recommendations for improving active ageing and digital literacy of elderly
- Triggering word of mouth events for presenting the project results and supporting their exploitation at local, national and European level
For more information on the project, please visit www.digital-3rd-age.eu